The vestry is the parish’s “board of directors.” Vestry members are elected at the annual parish meeting. The rector (or clergyperson in charge) is the presiding officer of the vestry. The two wardens are the chief lay leaders of the parish. The vestry also appoints a treasurer and a clerk. The vestry is the legal representative of the parish with regard to all matters pertaining to its corporate property. The basic responsibilities of the vestry are to help define and articulate the mission of the congregation, to support the church’s mission by word and deed, to select the rector, to ensure effective organization and planning, and to manage resources and finances.
Through May 26
7:45 a.m. Holy Eucharist in the Chapel
11:00 a.m. Holy Eucharist in the Church
Starting June 2
8:00 a.m. Holy Eucharist in the Chapel
10:30 a.m. Holy Eucharist in the Church
Christian Education (Sunday School)
Subscribe To Posts By Email
Visit Our CafePress Shop!
- The Voice Of The Good Shepherd May 14, 2019
- Feed My People May 6, 2019
- The Rehabilitation Of Doubting Thomas April 29, 2019
- Practice Resurrection April 22, 2019
- Jesus Weeps April 15, 2019
- I Am Doing A New Thing April 8, 2019
- Sibling Rivalry April 2, 2019
- Worry March 19, 2019
- Testing and Grace March 12, 2019
- Transfiguration & Mission March 4, 2019
Help Us With FundraisingHelp us with our fundraising efforts with just the click of a mouse! Click here to browse and subscribe to your favorite magazines, and Magazine Fundraising will give St. Thomas' Church a generous portion of the proceeds!