Inside this issue:
- Guidelines for Effective Parish Communication
- The Holy B Team
- What is a Priest?
- Report on Recent Fundraisers
- In Memoriam
- Prayer Requests
- The 25 Documents You Need Before You Die
- February Calendar
- Liturgical Dates Beyond February
- Turning Point
- Just Desserts
- Vestry Notes
- How to Contact Your New Wardens
- Parish Officers for 2019
- Pizza, Pop, and Parcheesi
In January each year, the parish publishes an annual report. It is
The Grow Team invites you to an evening of fun and fellowship. We’ll bring the pizza and pop. You bring your favorite board games.
Wednesday, February 13, 2019
St. Thomas’ Episcopal Church
122 Liberty St, Bath NY 14843
The Community Garden at St Thomas (CGST) provides fresh, high quality, nutrient-dense vegetables to Turning Point’s food pantry in mostly raised beds behind the Church. It supports friends and neighbors experiencing food insecurity.
Volunteers are needed to participate in, planning, soil preparation, planting, growing, harvesting, and delivering fresh produce to Turning Point. CGST seeks to provide a place for anyone to grow herbs, vegetables, and friendships. Details below the photo.
What do I need to participate?
Just some drinking water and a pair of garden gloves. The church provides everything else.
What should I expect?
- To learn to be an effective gardener from the experience and training of the volunteers and Cornell Cooperative Extension and other partner agencies. We can help adapted the work to any physical limitations you have.
- To team – up with others tending the beds learning to plant, observe growth and respond to the needs of the plants.
- Most importantly to know you are contributing to the health and wellbeing of friends and neighbors who are having a hard time making ends meet.
How much of my time will be needed?
As little as one hour on some weeks over the growing season. We will generally plan and schedule volunteer time.
How can I sign up?
Call Ray at firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail him at